Me: “It’s impossible.”
• Jesus: “And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God,” Luke 18:27.
Me: “I’m exhausted.”
• Jesus: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light,” Matthew 11:28-30.
Me: “I just can’t do it anymore.”
• Jesus: “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me,” Philippians 4:13.
Me: “I can’t figure it out.”
• Jesus: “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths,” Proverbs 3:5-6.
Me: “It’s not worth it.”
• Jesus: “And we know that ALL things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose,” Romans 8:28.
Me: “I’m afraid.”
• Jesus: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind,” II Timothy 1:7.
Me: “I’m frustrated and worried.”
• Jesus: “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you,” I Peter 5:7.
Me: “I’m just not smart enough.”
• Jesus: “For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ,” I Corinthians 2:16.
Me: “I feel so alone.”
• Jesus: “…I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee,” Hebrews 13:5.
Me: “I’m burned out. I just don’t want to go on anymore.”
• Jesus: “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord,” Acts 3:19.
This is excerpted from an article called ‘God’s Cure for Burn-Out’. I do not have the source. If anyone knows who I can give credit to, please let me know.